Wednesday, June 16, 2010

They usually say I'm too nice

In real life, I try to be as kind as I can, as respectful as I can, and as pleasant to others as I can, only because it makes me feel good to treat others the way that I would like to be treated.

In WoW, I try to abide by the same general idea. I am nice to people, I say please and thank you, and sometimes it gets me into hairy situations that involve ex-guildies spilling the beans on their deepest fantasies about their cousins.

Yeah, creepy.

Since that... incident... /shudder... I have been trying to find a decent balance in between nice and reasonable.  I'm still looking for that balance, and even now I feel kind of bad for snubbing people.

Like this kid, named similarly to the country I find myself in.  I was minding my own business, waiting for my BG queue to pop, when suddenly the IGN (IGS? The gold seller guys that do this) warlocks started doing their thing in SW trade district. A few people were laying down and messing up their words for fun, so I thought that I'd kill a few mins trying to do the same.  Spelled out some word, IGN(S?)LOOM, with our character's bodies, and had a laugh about it.  Then I decided to go play around in SW for a little bit.

One of the kids who had spelled IGN(S)LOOM with me spotted me, and this conversation occurred, all the while he was following me around ceaselessly.  I got out into SW Harbour and started to run up to the trade district, while he followed me and insisted that I show him stuff and that he show me some hack, which I honestly was not interested in knowing (besides, it's against the TOS, isn't it?).  Anyway, he followed me halfway up the ramp and then I typed it. The big slash i g n o r e enter.

After /ignore-ing him, I again started up the ramp, and he continued to follow me, apparently oblivious to the fact that I could not hear/read what he was saying. I then proceeded to cast Teleport: Moonglade and be done with it.

I don't feel bad about it though, because we lost WSG horribly and now I'm cranky. Sighhh

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

You are now Neutral with Mandaconda © 2008 . Distributed by Blogger Templates. Design By: SkinCorner