Thursday, March 17, 2011

Guild Banks

Mmm... Coins.
Guild Banks.  They're just there aren't they?

I'm in two active guilds at the moment, on two different servers.  One is primarily a raiding guild, while the other is a levelling guild.  The two have fairly different views on the guild's bank.

For example.  I am one of two bank managers in the raiding guild.  I've gotten the snarky comments once or twice, such as: "Bank cleaner...?" Followed by "???????" I don't mind so much, I guess.

But I have to say... The bank for the raiding guild is very... Skimpy?  It's got 5 tabs.  The first tab is pretty much open to everybody, for a limited amount.  Members get 2 withdrawals a day, apparently Core Raiders get 10 withdrawals a day, and Bank Managers/Guild Officers get many, many more.  The other tabs, Cloths and Ores, Gems, and Enchanting, are pretty much locked up.  The only other semi-freebie tab is the Food tab, which once was inundated with raw mats, but thankfully has been filled with buff food.

Unfortunately, since cleaning all the low level (non-useful to raiding and/or other endgame content) items, the bank's been looking very empty.  Hardly any cloth sits in the bank, Only Wrath level gems have survived, and the same goes for the enchanting mats, save for a single Maelstrom Crystal and 14 Heavenly Shards.

I'm not sure exactly why this guild hasn't been as... Well.... Giving?  You'd think that with a mostly common goal of "Let's Raid! Yeah!" people would be pretty generous with the guild bank.  We're sitting on at least 35k gold every time I log on, as well, so it's not like we can't afford to buy stuff for raiding, either! Haha.

The levelling guild has 7 total bank tabs, with only 3 available to even see for anyone at my rank.  To be honest, I have no idea where I am rank wise in this guild.  I've been told rank depends on your level, which makes me wonder, if a level 83 joins the guild and levels to 85 with them, would they instantly become an officer?  Hrm.

Anyway, the tabs (that I can see) are filled with all sorts of stuff.  Linen Cloth, Silk Headbands, Melon Juice (?!?), some grey level 82 bracers... Upper...Map... Fragment.... Wait a second, this is all junk!  I tell you, if I were in charge of the bank in this guild, I would have punched someone in the head for depositing such things.  Grey items?! Vendored water?! Agh!

We've only had that sort of stuff being deposited a few times in the raiding guild.  For the most part it's been dealt with, though once in a while a few spare Gnomish Army Knives that nobody needs, or non-buff foods that nobody wants, will sneak past my radar.  But I tell you what, I'm very tempted to use my daily withdrawals on those crap items from the levelling guild, just for the sake of having a cleaner mess of junk to look at, haha.

Anyway, final thoughts.  Maybe it's people not wanting to look silly, or not wanting to "waste" their money, but for some reason the raiding guild I'm in seems to donate items far less often than the levelling guild I'm in on another server.  I mean, if we changed the 'rules' up a little, I'm sure people would donate far more often.  It seems the only people who get good enough access to the bank need to be either core raiders or officers, and that leaves members, some of them being people who have been there for ages, kind of in the dark with mats.  Sure, you can ask an officer for stuff, but if there's not one on... Then what are the chances of you getting what you need? Slim, to none.   So I guess I can understand not putting stuff in there, especially if you're not even sure that YOU would be able to access things in there anyway!

Well... That was kind of everywhere.  Forgive me, I've just pulled an all nighter, and can't seem to get the bitter taste of this anti-nail biting stuff out of my mouth.  Pleh.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

You are now Neutral with Mandaconda © 2008 . Distributed by Blogger Templates. Design By: SkinCorner